Heat management is still an issue on track days, so I decided to add a Trackspec hood vent.
- Optimized louver design to maximize extraction flow velocities within a vehicle in motion
- Reduces under hood pressure delta to reduce front end lift and increase net vehicle downforce.
- Significantly reduces under hood temperatures by extracting heat and allowing fresh cold air to enter the engine bay.
- Maximize life of engine accessories by reducing overall operating temperature.
- Increases dense, cold air flow through radiator to promote lower coolant temperatures.
-exactly what my C5Z needs!
I managed to source a used T1 hood vent in good condition. For the install, I decided to use countersunk hex screws rather than pop rivets, as I don't like the look of pop rivets (it is not a kit car, after all).
To countersunk a screw, you need enough material thickness for the screw head. I looked up some tables and concluded that M3 (3 mm) screws would work. An Ø6.3 mm 90 deg countersink tool is needed for a M3 countersunk screw head.
To cut the hood, I used a multi cutter tool with a circular saw blade. This cut through the hood like butter, was easily controllable and produced much less dust than an angle grinder.